Cardboard rocket for two children
Designation: NX-G1 (Experimental space vehicle, Goddard-1)
Comissioned: May 25, 2009
Retired: November 23, 2012
- Front seat flight controls with laser and machine gun sounds, audio control.
- Back seat engineering controls with environmental readouts, launch sound and "star drive" speed control.
- Strong plywood base with casters (for repositioning only, not for motion)
- Folding wings for improved stowing.
- Composition: Sturdy cardboard boxes (for water heaters)
- Length: 10 feet 6 inches
- Width: 36 inches
- Height: 48 inches
The original version had a less sightly windshield that was upgraded as seen in the pictures above. Originally it was just a plastic bin: